[cmake-developers] [CMake] ADD_DEPENDENCIES() and NonExisitngDependent is NOT an error?

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Thu Aug 9 00:59:55 EDT 2012

Hi David,

I have prepared a new patch for master which works fine now.

claus-kleins-macbook-pro:CmakeBuildDir clausklein$ bin/cmake --help-
policy CMP0019
cmake version 2.8.8.20120628-g01d97-dirty
   CMP0019
        add_dependencies(target-name depend-target1 depend-target2 ...)
        Dependent targets must all exist.

        In CMake 2.8.10 and above this policy determines whether or
not the
        case is an error.  The OLD behavior for this policy is to
silently
        ignore the problem.  The NEW behavior for this policy is to
report an
        error.

        This policy was introduced in CMake version 2.8.10.  CMake
version
        2.8.8.20120628-g01d97-dirty warns when the policy is not set
and uses
        OLD behavior.  Use the cmake_policy command to set it to OLD
or NEW
        explicitly.

Claus