[cmake-developers] lua bindings?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Aug 3 17:30:07 EDT 2012

Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> writes:

[snip]

> As for your first option, a "zero-impact wrapper", what do you
> envision would be the benefits?

[I'm not the OP]

Something I sorely miss on CMake is a way to express algorithms in a
clear way and to process large amounts of data efficiently.

For an example that could benefit from a cleaner and more expressive
language, see function explicit_map_components_to_libraries in

http://www.llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/cmake/modules/LLVM-Config.cmake?revision=145355&view=markup

On the same project, there was several perl scripts that I'll like to
implement on CMake (and hence drop the Perl requirement.) Those scripts
walked through all defined and referenced symbols on all libraries on
the project for creating library dependencies. On another instance, a
similar taks would be performed on Visual C++ for creating .def files
and dll's. On both cases I stumbled on the language's lack of
expresiveness, minimal support for data structures and on an apparent
O(n^2) time complexity on some list operations (including the append
operation, IIRC)