[cmake-developers] CMake, Xcode 4.4, and Mountain Lion

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Aug 1 09:44:53 EDT 2012

Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> writes:

> On 07/31/2012 03:43 PM, Brad King wrote:
>> Thanks for pointing us to that.  I just merged a fix to next:
>>
>>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=27b74445
>
> Well, that caused major test failures on almost every OS X
> build during nightly testing.  I had to revert it:
>
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ea56c232
>
> See revert commit message for an explanation.  I'll think about
> other solutions.

For C++ projects, this heuristics may work:

- Find the C++ compiler.

- Unless the user asked for a specific C compiler, chose it depending on
  the C++ compiler found (c++ for cc, g++ for gcc, clang for clang++,
  etc)

Also, I'll propose that if CMake fails to find a matching C compiler on
the second step above, the process shall error out.