[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013146]: ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND has no OUTPUT / RESULT Variable

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Apr 19 03:56:27 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13146
Reported By:                Christoph Pramberger
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13146
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-04-19 03:56 EDT
Hello!

I want to run a command directly after the target is built. In the documentation
I found the "add_custom_command" with the parm "POST_BUILD".

It works fine, but I have one problem with this command, I do not know if the
command was executed correctly.

To get this information I would need a RESULT_VARIALBE like that one in
"execute_process".

 add_custom_command(OUTPUT output1 [output2 ...]
                     COMMAND command1 [ARGS] [args1...]
                     [COMMAND command2 [ARGS] [args2...] ...]
                     [MAIN_DEPENDENCY depend]
                     [DEPENDS [depends...]]
                     [IMPLICIT_DEPENDS <lang1> depend1 ...]
                     [WORKING_DIRECTORY dir]
                     [COMMENT comment] [VERBATIM] [APPEND])

  execute_process(COMMAND <cmd1> [args1...]]
                  [COMMAND <cmd2> [args2...] [...]]
                  [WORKING_DIRECTORY <directory>]
                  [TIMEOUT <seconds>]
                  [RESULT_VARIABLE <variable>]
                  [OUTPUT_VARIABLE <variable>]
                  [ERROR_VARIABLE <variable>]
                  [INPUT_FILE <file>]
                  [OUTPUT_FILE <file>]
                  [ERROR_FILE <file>]
                  [OUTPUT_QUIET]
                  [ERROR_QUIET]
                  [OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE]
                  [ERROR_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE])

Is there any possibility to get this information, if not you can see this report
as feature request.

Thank you very much

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change