[cmake-developers] ninja status

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Apr 6 15:26:11 EDT 2012

On 06.04.2012 19:44, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 4/6/2012 1:13 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>
>>> - Can we use master ninja for the windows dashboard now?
>>
>> Still no respone file support.
>>

> So, refresh my memory.   The upstream ninja has response files now, but
> CMake needs to be updated to use that way instead of what is in your
> branch?  Is that correct, or did I remember it wrong?

Yes, you right. There is now a response support upstream:

    http://martine.github.com/ninja/manual.html#_rule_variables

It's also in my branch, even if not supported by cmake.

But in the meantime I have some other fixes in my branch, because
nothing happened upstream. And I wanna see how ninja evolves,
the maintainer doesn't use ninja any more for his daily work.

>>> - Does anyone know if the depend processing for windows has been or will
>>> be accepted in ninja?
>>
>> No, still nothing merged. It should pop up in this thread:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/ninja-build/browse_thread/thread/ad80094346ddfa1b
>>

> I just sent a ping to the ninja list about this.
>
> Perhaps you could merge the most recent .d windows support for ninja
> into your ninja?

I tried it but couldn't figure out where to start, I've asked on the list for help.

>Then the buildDepends test would start working on
> windows... :)

Yes, I had the same idea ;)