[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012475]: PACKAGE_DIR entry is wrong when the Registry is used to find a package

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Sep 23 08:11:10 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12475
Reported By:                Mourad
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12475
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-09-23 08:11 EDT
I am trying to use the Registry to find my own package using cmake as stated
here : http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:find_package

I am using CPack+NSIS with a custom Nsis.template.in to add an entry to the
Registry.

CMake is able to find my package, but shows a wrong PACKAGE_DIR in the GUI.

Say, my FooConfig.cmake is in c:/Foo/cmake. Cmake GUI shows FOO_DIR : /Foo/cmake

But, the configuration and generation of the project files are OK. My generated
project builds fine too.

A side note: I noticed that if the installation folder name doesn't begin with
the package name, CMake is unable to find it.

Example: if my package Foo is installed into :

- C:/Foo 1.2 --> works
- C:/myFoo   --> doesn't work
- C:/Bar     --> doesn't work

Issue History