[cmake-developers] Automoc in cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Sep 20 01:26:07 EDT 2011

On Sunday, September 18, 2011 07:11:58 PM Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
wrote:

> >> Is it still possible to consider this? It's not ideal that you have to
> >> do this:
> >>
> >> set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)
> >> set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON)
> >>
> >> instead of this:
> >>
> >> set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)
> >
> > Don't know.
> > I'm usually ok with having to set the include directories explicitely.
> > What do others think ?
>
> It seems to me that if you always need to do both for it to work, then
> it should be a candidate for consolidation.

set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON) automatically adds the current source dir
and the current binary dir for each directory which has a target as include
directory.

This is a bit more than necessary for automoc.
For automoc for every target which needs moc'ing its current binary dir has to
be added.

So, I'm still not sure.

Alex