[cmake-developers] cmake-2.8.5 build error on the MinGW/MSYS/wine platform

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 16 15:15:28 EDT 2011

On 9/16/2011 2:48 PM, David Cole wrote:
> At a minimum, I would recommend taking this discussion to the
> libarchive mailing list over at http://code.google.com/p/libarchive/
> and asking why the header file and source file use inconsistent
> declarations. Perhaps there's a legitimate reason, or perhaps they've
> changed it since CMake last synced with upstream libarchive, or
> perhaps they'll say "hey, you're right, let's make this consistent..."

Start by trying to build the latest upstream libarchive.  CMake's
copy is very old.  We don't want to trouble them for something they
already fixed.

I know that libarchive intentionally uses separate type names
for the public interface declarations and the implementation
definitions.  The reason is they want the public headers to
not depend on any try-compile results.