[cmake-developers] cmake-2.8.5 build error on the MinGW/MSYS/wine platform

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Sep 15 12:34:45 EDT 2011

On 2011-09-15 09:22-0400 Brad King wrote:

> On 9/15/2011 4:12 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> To eliminate the latter possibility, could somebody please try to
>> build cmake with the "MSYS Makefiles" generator on Windows?
>
> We have a dashboard for this.  I build that all the time on
> my own machine too.  Just in case, I updated the toolchain:
>
> mingw-get install gcc
> mingw-get install g++
> mingw-get install gfortran
> mingw-get install binutils
>
> CMake 2.8.5 builds the latest CMake master with no errors.

That sounds definitive, but I don't really trust MinGW/MSYS installers
(since that is alpha software) to do the right thing with updates.  It
wasn't that long ago that that functionality was completely broken.
Instead, what I did was a complete install with
mingw-get-inst-20110802, and I hope you will try that as well
to completely eliminate this possibility.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin