[cmake-developers] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Oct 28 12:31:02 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:
> 0010476 No program output if CTest aborts test with timeout
> 0010941 Code comments for many commands are wrong (copy&paste)
> 0012054 FindJava.cmake too noisy on second run
> 0010740 STRING(SUBSTRING) should work with length -1
> 0009658 FindQt4.cmake depends on C language
>
> These is fixed AFAICT and should be closed

They are all marked as "resolved" now. I leave "resolved" bugs open
for 4 months after they are marked as such in order to give the
original reporters time to re-open them if they disagree with the
resolution, or in case a problem comes back. Once a month, I close out
bugs that have been resolved for more than 4 months with no new
updates. They'll be closed when they pass that threshold.

> 0011333 FindThreads incorrectly adds -pthread to linker options
>
> This was in last time until we found out that CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS is
> unreliable which caused this to be broken.
>
> 0011792 Improve handling of CTEST_SITE
> 0008466 Provide finer control than pass/fail for a test program
> 0012441 No progress reporting for add_custom_command

I've added these to the roadmap,

...with the exception of
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8466 -- I'm not going to
consider 8466 further until somebody attaches a concrete proposal to
it in the form a fully documented, fully tested patch. I don't think
it's a reasonable request. If somebody out there cares enough about
it, then please, by all means, attach a patch to it and let's discuss
further. I don't think giving special treatment and status to "77",
one possible value out of 4 billion integer return values is
reasonable.

Thanks,
David