[cmake-developers] Setting the link interface and dependencies in one command

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 7 08:42:16 EDT 2011

On 10/6/2011 8:54 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Well that didn't take long. I pushed a target-link-libraries-interfaces
> branch to stage.

Good start.  Please change the three Doing*Interface modes into an
enumeration so we don't have to worry about keeping three booleans
in a consistent state.  Also, I think the documentation can be
simplified for that signature:

  target_link_libraries(<target> <LINK_PUBLIC|LINK_PRIVATE> [libs...]
                        [<LINK_PUBLIC|LINK_PRIVATE> [libs...]] ...)

Of course this will be easier to test once you get your new linking
test working everywhere in the other topic.