[cmake-developers] An option to set LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES to empty on all shared library targets?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 07:57:09 EDT 2011

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>> > The "tricky" part of this is to tell CMake to not enforce the implicit
>> > dependencies to be exported when creating an export file for targets
>> > created with this property enabled. Or better: to not enforce _any_
>> > dependencies of a shared library to be exported then.
>>
>> I don't think I understand your description of the tricky part or your
>> suggested solution. Can you expand on it?
>
> What I once tried to do was: build a bunch of libraries (both shared and
> static), link in some ways, and then export just one shared library that
> had the link dependencies set to empty. CMake didn't let me, it always
> wanted to have me export all the other stuff, too.

When you talk about exports you're talking about install(foo EXPORTS ...)
right?

And when you say CMake didn't let you, do you mean that the installed

lib/cmake/foo/fooTargets-debug.cmake

contains

  IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES_DEBUG "Bar;Baz"

though it shouldn't contain Baz? What did you do to make it not contain Baz,
assuming I've restated your issue correctly?