[cmake-developers] Proceccor identification

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sat Mar 26 10:05:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to add some processor identification code for non-x86 CPUs on
Linux. But to make me life easier I would like two things to happen first:

-can kwsys be moved from CVS to git? I know David Cole was in favor of this
too.

-can the SystemInformation.cxx file be split up into OS dependent things
please? This file alone has more then 3.5k lines containing tons of #ifdef for
every OS and it's brother. I would like to make
SystemInformationImplementation an (abstract?) base class that every OS
inherits from and implements it's own stuff. This can easily be split into
seperate files, can be totally excluded from build on non-related OS and would
greatly reduce the #ifdef count and amount of lines in that single file.

Opinions?

Eike