[cmake-developers] Modularizing the CPack.cmake file

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:06:11 EDT 2011

Hi All,

In order to contribute to an effort of better CPack, related to
on-going feature request:

I'd like to begin small and secure and split the current CPack.cmake file
in more reasonable size pieces.

My first proposal is in stage:
CPack-ModularizeCPack

Does anyone here have any comment concerning this before I go on?

I think that once the CPack.cmake split is done we may try to tackle
the pending issue in a more local way.
i.e.
  - documentation in separate files
  - new macros in appropriate places
  - legacy backward compatible include(CPack.cmake) with other
    new ways in separate but may be shared files
  etc...

If no objections comes out I may merge this to next by small steps
like the current in CPack-ModularizeCPack.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org