[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012003]: find_package fails but reports success with case in sensitive filesystems

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Mar 22 20:05:39 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Nick Devenish
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12003
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-03-22 20:05 EDT
When using find_package (i.e. boost) on the mac, you can have a situation where
you use (note the package case):
find_package(boost COMPONENTS thread)

And do not get a failure, because the "FindBoost.cmake" file has been run,
because of the insensitivity of filename reads of the mac filesystem. However,
this file expects it's variables to all be set in the form
"${Boost_FIND_COMPONENTS}" - but the differently cased
"${boost_FIND_COMPONENTS}" are the ones passed through.

The outcome is that the package is incorrectly configured, but no warnings or
errors are reported. I would have at least expected a warning, because I can't
imagine this behaviour ever being desired.

Steps to Reproduce:
On Mac, CMakeList.txt:

find_package(boost 1.34 COMPONENTS thread )
message("Boost_LIBRARIES: " ${Boost_LIBRARIES})

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change