[cmake-developers] VS2010 fortran composer

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Mar 7 10:25:38 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:
> I tried the /Upgrade with devenv.exe and it did nothing.
> After reading more intel forum posts I discover that the fortran projects cannot be built using msbuild. Intentional at some levele.
> But I realized that I should be using devenv.com not devenv.exe
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" TestApp.vfproj /Upgrade
>
> Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.30319.1.
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
>
> Information:
> This project/solution does not require conversion.
>
> but I can build the projects using devenv.com instead of msbuild.
>
> Can I change the GenerateBuildCommand which create the cmTryCompileExec to use devenv.com?
>
> C:\cmakebuild\fortrantest\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp>devenv.com "cmTryCompileExec.vfproj" /Build "Debug|x64"

This can be done...

Try to change Modules/CMakeVS10FindMake.cmake, make it look like
CMakeVS9FindMake.cmake.   Like I said before last time I tried this
devenv crashed a bunch of times during the CMake tests.   You will
have to run on a new build tree for this to work once you make the
change.  If it does work, we can hope they have fixed devenv /build...
 Or, maybe only use it for fortran, but that would be hard...

-Bill