[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011932]: CMake configure complains "cl" is missing; won't let me redo Configure to switch compilers

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Mar 4 21:33:56 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Andrew Pennebaker
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11932
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   crash
Date Submitted:             2011-03-04 21:33 EST
Last Modified:              2011-03-04 21:33 EST
I checked out LLVM source from
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#checkout.

I opened the project with CMake and clicked Configure.

I selected Visual Studio 10, then clicked Next.

At this point, CMake attempts to configure LLVM. LLVM requires "cl", and CMake
returns that information to me.

When I click Configure again, CMake won't let me change any settings. I have to
quit CMake and start again.

Steps to Reproduce:
Check out LLVM source from http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#checkout.

Open the project with CMake and clicked Configure.

Select Visual Studio 10, then clicked Next.

At this point, CMake attempts to configure LLVM. LLVM requires "cl", and CMake
returns that information to me.

Click Configure again.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change