[cmake-developers] How to deal with assembler files

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Mar 2 10:50:23 EST 2011

On Tuesday 01 March 2011, Brad King wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 04:40 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Do you think when enabling the C compiler as ASM compiler it should
> > also check for $ENV{CFLAGS} ?  Or should I added $ENV{ASMFLAGS} ?
>
> Often the C compiler is the C++ compiler too but we still have a
> separate CXXFLAGS.  Let's use ASMFLAGS.
>
> -Brad

Looks much better today :-)

I tried to fix Intel icl.exe on Windows, let's see if this works tomorrow.

Leaves mostly the HP compiler:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=85923158&build=886969

and the IBM compiler:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=85918066&build=886882

In both cases I can't see what went wrong.
Are here also ASMFLAGS necessary ?
(I'll add them ASAP)

Alex