[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012307]: regression in 2.8.5 rc2: UseSWIG.cmake broken

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sun Jun 26 07:49:02 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Modestas Vainius
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12307
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2011-06-26 07:49 EDT
There are multiple reports (on Fedora and Debian) that UseSWIG no longer works
in 2.8.5 rc2 while it works fine in 2.8.4. For information, see:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ptx/27854/focus=27903

This SWIG stuff seems to be pretty ugly (nor I know anything about it) so I have
not tried to reproduce the failure myself. However, I'm pretty sure that the
following commit is responsible for this since the failure is in the new code
added by it.

commit 1088b0278e74526298d0821589973918da33c44b
Author: Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 28 18:14:23 2011 +0200

    Add a new function SWIG_GET_WRAPPER_DEPENDENCIES to UseSWIG.cmake

    This commit fixes BUG: 0004147 it directly uses swig executable
    to compute a list of dependencies directly from the .i files
    to make sure to rebuild the swig module any of its direct dep.
    is touched

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change