[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012301]: CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE not set on MinGW

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Jun 23 13:10:24 EDT 2011

On 2011-06-23 10:22-0600 Clinton Stimpson wrote:

> FYI, I realized a patch to UseQt4.cmake could fix this qt-plugin/no-build-type
> problem.
> See here:
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=5a2b20
>
> Maybe it'll make it in 2.8.5?

Hi Clint:

I am replying to your above off-list comment on the list for obvious reasons.

I woke up this morning with a very similar idea which I posted to the
list before looking at the above off-list note from you.  I notice
your patch puts BOOLEAN logic protection around the statement I suggested, e.g.,

+IF(NOT CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES AND NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)
+  SET_PROPERTY(DIRECTORY APPEND PROPERTY COMPILE_DEFINITIONS QT_NO_DEBUG)
+ENDIF()

I don't understand why that protection is necessary, but you
understand CMake better than I do so I assume you are right.

I have high hopes your minimal patch will get into 2.8.5 since
it appears to solve many Qt4/MinGW problems.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).