[cmake-developers] Adding argument "OPTIONAL" to find_package() and add_subdirectory

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 17:14:17 EDT 2011

On Monday 20 June 2011, Brad King wrote:
> As you guessed, interactive rebase is the correct approach.  Since
> you have not merged the topic you are free to overwrite it on the
> topic stage.  The old version of the history will be replaced with
> the new version.  It might feel funny the first time but it is nice
> and easy once you get the idea.  I use it all the time locally to
> clean up and organize a topic into a logical series of changes
> before pushing it out.
>
> -Brad

Hmm, I think I managed the rebasing, but now git complains when I try to push:

hammer:~/src/CMake/CMake-git$ git push stage HEAD
To git at public.kitware.com:stage/cmake.git
 ! [rejected]        HEAD -> DisableSwitchForFindPackage (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at public.kitware.com:stage/cmake.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

Why should I need to pull, nobody else pushed to this branch ?

Alex