[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012280]: FindSWIG won't find swig 1.3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 16 14:10:25 EDT 2011

On 06/16/2011 12:54 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Brad has accepted this patch and closed the bug.  However, I am
> interested because PLplot uses swig-1.3 with no user reports of
> problems (has done for years).  I personally have never seen swig
> finding problems for Linux and also a MinGW/MSYS/wine platform.
> Furthermore, I cannot reproduce the bug even with the simple test
> example above for my platform (Debian stable with CMake-2.8.4 that I
> built myself, and swig version 1.3.40-3).
>
> On the other hand, the patch does look correct to me.  So, Brad, how
> in the world does find_package(SWIG) work at all for both my Linux and
> wine platforms?  Or to put it another way, for what platforms (with
> swig-1.3) will this bug be triggered (until the fix goes into a
> release)?

The fix was obviously a modernization independent of any behavior correction
so I took the patch without actually verifying a behavior change.  It might
well have worked before.  Perhaps the submitter had other issues interacting
during testing.

Since you're looking at this anyway please verify that the new version
works for you!