[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012262]: Dependencies aren't tracked for preprocessed asm

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Jun 9 15:53:09 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12262
Reported By:                Amine Khaldi
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12262
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2011-06-09 15:53 EDT
We (ReactOS) use preprocessed asm files, that have includes, as source files in
our modules.

CMake currently doesn't track these includes for those asm source files.

The only solution we see is to maintain a list of OBJECT_DEPENDS applied to
every single preprocessed asm source file we have, which is far from practical.

Steps to Reproduce:
Create a project with a preprocessed asm file that includes a dummy header, then
after compiling the first time, alter the header and recompile, and you'll see
that the project isn't properly recompiled.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change