[cmake-developers] Integration of manpage installation

Werner Mahr werner at vollstreckernet.de
Tue Jun 7 07:23:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

after reading some stuff about integration of KDE-stuff into cmake, I
want to know your oppinion about manpages. At least on unix-based
systems it's an essential function of a build-environment to allow
installation of the docs.

My suggestion is, to add a new property like man-source-dir or somehow
like that, and all pages in that dir are installed to the right place if
they start with the name of the corresponding executable.

I would like to discuss that before I start digging into the code, to
avoid to finish something that you like to have solved in a different
place.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr