[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012360]: CDash colors for build graphs have poor contrast

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Jul 26 00:06:43 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Craig Scott
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12360
Category:                   CTest
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-07-26 00:06 EDT
Sorry this is a report for CDash, not ctest (can't seem to find your bug tracker
for CDash). When looking at a build summary and showing the "Show build graph"
option, the build graph uses very similar colors for build errors and failing
tests. For those of us with a degree of color blindness (and the type I have is
relatively common), it would be better if one of these two colors was a
contrasting red. As it currently stands, they both look like very similar shades
of green! I realise most folk probably think I'm daft and that the two colors
are nothing like each other, but given that there's an easy alternative to
doesn't disadvantage anyone but does help some of us, I'd encourage a color
change.

Steps to Reproduce:
Look at the build graph for any build in CDash.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change