[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012325]: FindDCMTK: Does not work when CMAKE_MODULE_PATH has been modified.

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Jul 8 13:27:06 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Dan Thill
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12325
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-07-08 13:27 EDT
When FindDCMTK includes FindPackageHandleStandardArgs, this will fail if
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH has been modified (under some circumstances).  This was
discovered when I was making my own copy of FindDCMTK with some bug fixes and
putting it into my local source directory in order to override the stock one.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Make a copy of FindDCMTK.cmake and put into your local source directory.
2) In CMakeLists.txt, do the following:

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.8)
SET( CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH})

PROJECT(SomeProject)

FIND_PACKAGE(DCMTK)

You will get the following error:

CMake Error at FindDCMTK.cmake:136 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    [full path to src directory]/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:8 (FIND_PACKAGE)

CMake Error at FindDCMTK.cmake:137 (find_package_handle_standard_args):
  Unknown CMake command "find_package_handle_standard_args".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:8 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Additional Information:
Fix is modify FindDCMTK.cmake:135 and change:

include(${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake)

include(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs)

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change