[cmake-developers] problem with export(TARGETS ...)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 28 11:18:44 EST 2011

On 01/28/2011 11:04 AM, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> I'm doing that MYLIB_INSTALL_EXPORT_NAME workaround for now anyway.

Great.

> This export dependencies sounds nice.
> I'm curious, would that also have to work with export files that are already
> installed on the system, not just ones that will be installed as part of a
> project?  Or would this be limited to the current build tree?

Like I said I haven't thought in depth about it.  There are a lot of
complicating factors like this.  Right now we just punt and ask projects
to do their own thing.  Each <pkg>Config.cmake file can load the exports
file from itself and do find_package() to load the config/exports of its
outside dependencies.