[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011726]: Quotes in add_definitions causes bad command generation

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Jan 19 18:04:07 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                James Bigler
Assigned To:                James Bigler
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11726
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-01-19 18:04 EST
Last Modified:              2011-01-19 18:04 EST
add_definitions(-DFOO="bar")
add_definitions(-Dblah="barf barf")

Will result in:

set(nvcc_flags "-DFOO="bar";-Dblah="barf barf"") which has the quotes all wrong.
 What I believe needs to be done is to change run_nvcc.cmake to not have the
quotes around the definition:

set(nvcc_flags "@nvcc_flags@")

set(nvcc_flags @nvcc_flags@)

This probably also means that I'll need to revisit the use of " in all of the
variables and make sure that I'm not using where I don't need it.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change