[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011675]: Variable "CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR" seems to be empty. ⇒ include command fails

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Jan 10 11:56:56 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Markus Elfring
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11675
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2011-01-10 11:56 EST
Last Modified:              2011-01-10 11:56 EST
I stumbled on a "CMake Error" which did not let me properly configure an other
software project. I have hoped to circumvent this open issue with a software
update.

Steps to Reproduce:
I have loaded your package "http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.3.tar.gz".
I have enabled desired options with the tool "CMake-GUI 2.8.1". Now I would like
to configure it, too.
But I was surprised by the message "Error in configuration process, project
files may be invalid" in a dialogue box.

Additional Information:
The log area displays the following informations:
Using system-installed BZIP2
Using system-installed CURL
Using system-installed EXPAT
Using system-installed LIBARCHIVE
Using system-installed ZLIB
*****/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
CMake Error at Modules/FindLibArchive.cmake:54 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    /FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:326 (INCLUDE)
  CMakeLists.txt:522 (CMAKE_BUILD_UTILITIES)

*****
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I added two lines (with the star markers) for debug output to the corresponding
script. Now I doubt that an empty variable "CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR" is the
expected behaviour. How will this issue be resolved?

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change