[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011657]: CMake Eclipse CDT generator out-of-source suggestion

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Jan 5 04:00:43 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Michal Fita
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11657
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2011-01-05 04:00 EST
Last Modified:              2011-01-05 04:00 EST
I cannot force CMake to generate CDT project with sources for me. This is
probably due to complex structure of sources in our project.

However, the most important thing is that I have fond a way how to handle source
files out of build tree without conflicts if sources are inside build tree or
somewhere outside or both.

You can use virtual folders under "source" directory of project created to
reflect the structure of files being part of the project build by CMake and use
links to existing files to put source files in proper virtual folders. Then in
fact developer will have access to these files in their original location.

I am currently working on Python script which will parse CMakeLists.txt files in
our complex project structure and build such virtual structure in .cproject and
.project XML files.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change