[cmake-developers] Test failing because Test directory is not clean

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:10:10 EST 2011

2011/2/23 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Some of my commit break some CPackComponent tests:
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=84851095&build=874639
>>
>> Those test are OK locallly on my host.
>> I think it fails because the test directory wasn't cleaned before
>> re-running the test.
>>
>> How do I ensure that a test directory is cleaned before running a test?
>
> You do not. On Continuous dashboards, the directories are not cleaned
> before running the tests. Why does it need to be cleaned?

Because the name of the package files generated by CPack have changed
so that you end up with both old and new file.

The trouble come from the fact that files generated by CPack are not cleaned
by a "make clean".

I'll see what I can do tonight.
May be I can make CPack generate a cpack_clean.cmake file in the build tree
this file may then be called to clean-up cpack output.

> On all of the nightly ones, the vast majority should be clean build/test cycles.

OK.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org