[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011808]: Make CPack preinstall to take account current install project name

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sun Feb 6 16:38:20 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Petri Hodju
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11808
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2011-02-06 16:38 EST
Last Modified:              2011-02-06 16:38 EST
The sample & patch attached will introduce enhanced way to handle packaging in
projects having multiple subprojects, which have a need to generated multiple
binary packages each (binaries, development files, documentation etc.). I've
seen that Eric is currently revisiting the packaging for DEB & similar
generators and I thought this could be something interesting for that work.

I have taken a path where each subproject does whatever install they want to do
and then mark those installs to be included in one or several packages based on
the component names given to the install commands. On the top level CMakefile
the information is then gathered from all subprojects and packages are defined.
To my taste this gives the developer more control over the process than just
including the CPack.cmake file in each subproject.

Please see more details from the attachment provided. It has a patch and a
working example how the thing works. Well, it's a dummy one, but shows the
workflow.

Br,
Petri Hodju

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change
cpack-preinstall-follow-cmake-install-project-name.tar.gz