[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011792]: Improve handling of CTEST_SITE

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Feb 3 05:16:29 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Rolf Eike Beer
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11792
Category:                   CTest
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-02-03 05:16 EST
Last Modified:              2011-02-03 05:16 EST
If CTEST_SITE contains an entry with newline (e.g. when using the "hostname"
command without OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE) then the submission to CDash
would show up as two entries.

If CTEST_SITE isn't set at all every step of the submission shows up as it's own
entry, of course all of them without hostname set.

I propose the following:
-the value passed in CTEST_SITE should be checked if it is valid (i.e. no
whitespace, newlines, controls)
-if CTEST_SITE is not set the hostname (or FQDN) of the current host should be
inserted. If the behaviour here would be selectable this would be of great help.

E.g. I would put SET(CTEST_SITE_DEFAULT_FQDN OFF) in my companies CTest scripts
as I don't need the domain stuff there. For public projects (CMake and KDE would
come to mind) this could be set to ON so the FQDN of the hosts would show up in
CDash.

If CDash could reject submissions of older clients with a speaking error message
this would be extremely useful so broken submissions can be stopped at both
sides.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change