[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011785]: CPack no stripping with MinGW and NSIS

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Feb 2 09:50:10 EST 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Peter Kuemmel
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11785
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2011-02-02 09:50 EST
Last Modified:              2011-02-02 09:50 EST
When I install with "mingw32-make install/strip"
the installed files are stripped.

But when I set CPACK_STRIP_FILES to 1 and
use NSIS with "mingw32-make package" the binaries
are not stripped.

CPackConfig.cmake looks correct:

SET(CPACK_BINARY_NSIS "ON")
SET(CPACK_CMAKE_GENERATOR "MinGW Makefiles")
SET(CPACK_STRIP_FILES "1")

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-February/042436.html

Additional Information:
The problem is a missing slash in the generated install rule
in cmake_install.cmake:

     IF(CMAKE_INSTALL_DO_STRIP)
       EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND ".../strip.exe"
"$ENV{DESTDIR}${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}...")
     ENDIF(CMAKE_INSTALL_DO_STRIP)

DESTDIR is a path without a slash at the end.

Attached patch helps, but I don't know if this ts the right place to add the
fix.
Better would be when the if checks if the unpacked variable starts with a slash.
Or maybe checking CPACK_TEMPORARY_INSTALL_DIRECTORY?

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change