[cmake-developers] A few more changes to automoc before 2.8.7

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Dec 18 09:39:43 EST 2011

On Sunday 18 December 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 16 December 2011, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > You mean setting CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE to TRUE, right ?
> > > Yes, that's expected.
> >
> > I mean not setting it at all and letting it take its default value of
> > True.
>
> Do you mean the relaxed mode should be default ?
> Why ? In strict mode it behaves exactly as documented.
> For KDE it shouldn't be a problemit's just that one variable which has to
> be set.

> > > Do you have commit e474dcb23197489640456b4 already ?
> >
> > http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=stage/cmake.git;a=commit;h=e474dcb2319748964045
> > 6b 46862a5aa7019834a5
> >
> > > I committed this Wednesday evening and though I had inserted it in all
> > > places where it makes sense.
> >
> > Yes, I have this commit already. It might make sense to put the message
> > in the other places.
>
> I'll have a look.

I had a look.
From my POV they look good as they are.
Where would you like to have additional mentions of
CMAKE_AUTOMOC_RELAXED_MODE, and what should they actually say ?

(In strict mode I don't check for all the special conditions, so it is
currently not possible to reliably determine whether an error in strict mode
will be handled in relaxed mode).

Alex