[cmake-developers] target_include_directories branch in stage

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 9 16:23:09 EST 2011

On 12/9/2011 3:44 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Maybe this is a bit late, but wouldn't it be much
> simpler to get this feature with a namespace
> inspired approach:

I think the namespace approach will be more intrusive to implement,
and it is complementary to the much-needed per-target feature anyway.

> All within a namespace has the same scope as an
> add_subdirectory added target. This way we get more
> than the 'target_include_directories' without adding
> multiple target_* functions (which maybe will come).

We don't really need a target_include_directories command.  It will
be just a convenience on top of setting the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
target property with the set_property command.