[cmake-developers] CMake 2.8.6-rc1 ready for testing!

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:45:16 EDT 2011

Thought this came out weeks ago... and I would miss a chance to comment.

Watcom support is almost working, the new test version code is...

  EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND ${CMAKE_TEST_COMPILER}
  	-q -pc \"${testWatcomVersionFile}\"
    OUTPUT_VARIABLE CMAKE_COMPILER_OUTPUT
    RESULT_VARIABLE CMAKE_COMPILER_RETURN
    )

which looks OK. But if I change it to
  EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND echo ${CMAKE_TEST_COMPILER}
  	-q -pc \"${testWatcomVersionFile}\"
    OUTPUT_VARIABLE CMAKE_COMPILER_OUTPUT
    RESULT_VARIABLE CMAKE_COMPILER_RETURN
    )

then the command looks like

e:/tools/watcom/binnt/wcl386.exe -q -pc
\e:\tools\unix\cmake\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\CMakeTestWatcomVersion.c"

(as is set in CMAKE_COMPILER_OUTPUT) but anyhow...

I don't know where the extra \ before the e:\ is coming from.

message( "${testWatcomVersionFile}" )
is
e:\tools\unix\cmake\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\CMakeTestWatcomVersion.c

right before the execute command.