[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012420]: CMake fails to identify the compiler

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Aug 25 01:44:19 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12420
Reported By:                Bhadresh Desai
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12420
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2011-08-25 01:44 EDT
CMake fails to identify compiler as a result you cannot build even a simple
C/C++ program on AIX 5.3

Additional Information:
The issue is converting CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.in and CMakeCCompilerId.c.in to
CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp and CMakeCCompilerId.c
For some reason the first character in file is missed out when creating the .cpp
and .c file.

As a work around I had to put additional space at the beginning of the file.

Also there is issue around @CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID_PLATFORM_CONTENT@ in both
files.
I had to add " /" (a space and /) in front of
@CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID_PLATFORM_CONTENT@ to get it working.

I am attaching both modified files.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change