[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012417]: CDT4 generator: source path configured incorrectly

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Aug 24 04:51:37 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Simon Barner
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12417
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-08-24 04:51 EDT
I use CMake 2.8.5 to generate Eclipse CDT4 projects (Eclipse Helios SR2
for C/C++ developers, CDT with mingw makefiles).

Since 2.8.5, for each project that is added using add_subdirectory(), a
linked resource is created which enables me to easily navigate to files
of subprojects.

However, the source path for my linked subproject seems to be incorrect
since I get the following warnings (see below for a test case).

  Invalid project path: Missing project folder or file \test at build\test
  for source path

  Invalid project path: Missing project folder or file \test at build\sub
  for source path

Unfortunately, this seems to prevent the Eclipse indexer from correctly
picking up the files in my subprojects.

I had a look at the generated .cproject, and here the following path
entries are generated:

<pathentry kind="src" path="[Source directory]"/>
<pathentry kind="src" path="/sub"/>
<pathentry kind="src" path="/test"/>

When I manually modify the generated .cproject file to match the actual
virtual folders the warnings go away and the index works correctly:

<pathentry kind="src" path="[Source directory]"/>
<pathentry kind="src" path="[Subprojects]/sub"/>
<pathentry kind="src" path="[Subprojects]/test"/>

Please note, it also possible to simply add the virtual [Subprojects]
folders as a path entry:

<pathentry kind="src" path="[Source directory]"/>
<pathentry kind="src" path="[Subprojects]"/>

Steps to Reproduce:
Here is my test case (see also attachment)

Directory layout:
project
project/test/CMakeLists.txt
project/test/sub/CMakeLists.txt
project/build

project/test/CMakeLists.txt:
--
project(test)
add_subdirectory(test)

project/test/sub/CMakeLists.txt:
--
project(sub)
--

I configured an out-of-source build to project/build which I imported
into Eclipse.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change