[cmake-developers] GenerateExportHeader macro in CMake?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Aug 23 12:02:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Cole wrote:
>
>> Stephen,
>>
>> Welcome to CMake development.... :-)
>
> Thanks :),
>

>> Brad and I are both fairly busy this week. Please continue making fixes
>> and merging them into 'next' for dashboard testing as you are able. You're
>> getting closer.
>>
>> It looks like you already made a similar change to what Bill was asking us
>> to push...?
>
> Yep, I pushed a similar change to that, and it passed in the continuous
> build already.
>

>> Let me know if you would like me to try anything on a specific machine
>> here at Kitware for you. I have access to all the Kitware dashboard
>> machines, and even some of the non-Kitware dashboard machines.
>>
>> Thanks for your effort... We've all been there when adding something brand
>> new into CMake.
>
> I think it will be mostly green again tomorrow in the nightlies.
>
> I think the deprecated attributes are excluded a bit too pessimistically at
> the moment, but I'll wait until it's all green before messing around with
> that.
>

>> Keep up the good work!
>
> Thanks :),
>
> Steve.
>

>> David Cole
>> Kitware, Inc.

Hi Stephen,

So... this topic is in 'next', and today, it only fails on 4
dashboards in total. I will try to get output for you on the "wcl"
(Watcom) compiler dashboard -- since it timed out, there is no test
output reported on CDash...

  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=1&name=Module.GenerateExportHeader&date=2011-08-23

Can you take a look at the CDash output of the other platforms where
this test is still failing, and recommend changes that might eliminate
all the test failures?

We can't really merge this to 'master' and include it in the upcoming
CMake 2.8.6 until we've resolved, worked-around or avoided the test
failures on the remaining dashboard submissions.

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.