[cmake-developers] Build rules for CMakeLists.txt files

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:48:42 EDT 2011

What would it take to remove the build rules on the CMakeLists.txt files in
Visual Studio?

They are causing me no end of grief with the CUDA tools.  Basically what
happens is that the CMakeLists.txt files are getting compiled after the CUDA
rules causing each and every project to trigger a "reconfigure" event which
loads the plugin dialog box.  I'm wanting the reconfigure even to happen
only during the ZERO_CHECK phase (e.g. once for every 'build it' command).

At one point we had discussed the fact that having a build rule on the
CMakeLists.txt files is generally a Bad Idea when dealing with parallel
builds, but it is even more unbearable now that VS 2010 seems to be running
the CMakeLists.txt build rule after the CUDA ones.

Thanks,
James