[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012124]: Need per configuration version of target_link_libraries() or fix IMPORTED_LOCATION to allow empty string

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Apr 26 16:08:22 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Glenn Coombs
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12124
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2011-04-26 16:08 EDT
See http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-April/044059.html for full
details.

I want to use target_link_libraries() to add a library dependency but only for
my custom configuration called DebugPthreads.  As target_link_libraries()
doesn't support that functionality I tried specifying the dependency as an
imported library so that I could set its location using the
IMPORTED_LOCATION_DEBUGPTHREADS property.  That works for the DebugPthreads
configuration but there is no way to set an empty string or otherwise disable
the imported library for the other configurations.

Steps to Reproduce:
n/a

Additional Information:
I'm using cmake 2.8.2 and Visual Studio 2008.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change