[cmake-developers] Better Eclipse CDT support

Oliver Buchtala oliver.buchtala at jku.at
Mon Apr 25 00:55:33 EDT 2011

Am 20.04.2011 22:09, schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
>>> What would you expect there ?
>> Some structure that gives me acces to the sources of the targets.
>> I suppose, you try to achieve this with sub-projects, but it does not
>> work properly in my case.
> How does it work not properly ?
> Don't you have project() calls or are they not created ?

While creating a document on my generator implementation, I stumbled
over the solution to this problem.

[Subprojects] was empty in my setting because the generated link
specifications have been invalid.
Maybe, Eclipse CDT has changed here (?).

You have to use 'locationURI' for virtual folders and 'location' for
linked folders.
I.e., specify a linked folder like that (in .cproject-file):

    <linkedResources>
        <link>
            <name>[Subprojects]</name>
            <type>2</type>
            <locationURI>virtual:/virtual</locationURI>
        </link>
        <link>
            <name>[Subprojects]/LIBCURL</name>
            <type>2</type>
            <location>D:/libraries/cmake-git/Utilities/cmcurl</location>
        </link>
    </linkedResources>