[cmake-developers] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sun Apr 17 05:33:06 EDT 2011

Am Dienstag 29 März 2011, 19:56:03 schrieb David Cole:
> Hi all,
>
> Now that we have released CMake 2.8.4, *now* would be a great time to
> prioritize bug fixes for the next release of CMake.
>
> Replies requested. Read on. *Just a short reply with bug numbers* or links
> to the bugs is all we need here. Please move specific discussions into the
> bugs themselves or start a new thread to talk about it... Replies on this
> thread should just be a collector for bug numbers.

The simple answer is as always: fix all bugs I submitted ;)

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11333
  FindThreads incorrectly adds -pthread to linker options

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=7830
  Likely a dupe of the above

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12054
  FindJava.cmake too noisy on second run

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10740
  This has been fixed in 2.8.4, but the doc update was not committed

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10476
  No program output if CTest aborts test with timeout

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11792
  Improve handling of CTEST_SITE

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11792
  Code comments for many commands are wrong (copy&paste)

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8466
  Provide finer control than pass/fail for a test program

Here are also some bugs that are resolved and can be closed as they are fixed
in 2.8.4:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11362
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11329
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11791