[cmake-developers] What to do with the RESOLVED issues ?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Sep 28 18:04:24 EDT 2010

On 9/28/2010 4:53 PM, James Bigler wrote:

> I feel a bug shouldn't be closed until the fix can be found in a CMake
> release.  The bug should also make it clear which release the fix should
> be found in.  Pushing the fix to "next" doesn't qualify as being closed,
> because I can't expect my customers to grab a nightly.

I just don't think we have the bandwidth or follow up capability to do
that.  If it makes it into next, then it will make it into a release,
and show up in the release notes from the commit log.  BTW, please make
your commit messages look like the line that goes in the release notes.  :)

The bug tracker is so full of stuff, we need to get that stuff out as
soon as possible.

-Bill