[cmake-developers] Creating cdash subprojects: create_cdash_subprojects()

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Sep 28 09:34:32 EDT 2010

On Sunday 26 September 2010 09:27:47 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up subprojects for KDE, but I think this is right now not
> feasible because it needs too much manual work:

I would love to see this functionality added to CMake too, as you know I
talked about subprojects at Camp KDE back in January (along with many other
things). After talking with you and experimenting a little it became clear
that something more automated would be required.

One other thing I would like to possibly add (please correct me if this
already works) is filtering of the updates into the subprojects so that the
subproject is aware of who modified the files affecting that build of the
subproject.

I will try to help with this where I can, and I think this is very important
not only for KDE, but many other projects that are facing similar problems
with large codebases. I think it was generally agreed that emails to everyone
in a module were just not fine-grained enough for most KDE modules.

Marcus