[cmake-developers] Good way to track whether a branch has been merged into master ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Sep 20 08:16:12 EDT 2010

On 09/19/2010 09:59 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 9/19/2010 5:03 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently cleaning up my local CMake branches.
>> What is a good way to find out whether some branch has been merged into
>> master ? Right now I was looking through "git log" to see whether the commits
>> are in master.
>>

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake/Git#Topic_Stage
>
> Print Staged Topics:
>
> $ ssh git at cmake.org stage cmake print
>
> That will show which is in next and which is in master.

This works for staged topics to see whether they've made it into
next and/or master, but not for local topics.

Dave's answer is correct, but one should also add the '-r' option
to see remote branches (like "origin/" and "stage/"):

 git branch -r --contains $branch

or the '-a' option to see all branches (local and remote).