[cmake-developers] git move

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 03:42:00 EST 2010

2010/3/8 Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva <miguelf at ieee.org>:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Sound interesting.
>
> Hello,
>
> I just committed a change using hg-git:
>
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=8f9f6b3ac1850e5b630871fd080360ad6874fb39
>
> First, I would like to make sure that everything looks good and
> nothing was messed up. For example, the committ time in the main page
> (http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git) seems off, but I'm not sure if
> this is a git thing.
>
> Notice that the workflow was:
>
> 1. hg clone git://cmake.org/cmake.git CMake
> 2. ... my regular mercurial Mq development ...
> 3. hg pull # to get latest changes
> 4. hg rebase -s rev1 -d rev2 # to have changes at the tip
> 5. hg push -r tip git+ssh://git@cmake.org:cmake.git
>
> If there is interest, I can write a small entry in the wiki on how to
> install/configure hg-git, and how to use this workflow. If so, where
> should I put this information?

I'm currently using git but would be interested in the hg-git workfow
for two reason:

 1) it would certainly ease contribution access for those already using hg
 2) for other project I was planning cvs  to either git or hg and being able
     to move to git and use hg would be very interesting for same reason
     as 1).

I think a specific entry (or page) on the CMake GIT wiki would be good.
--
Erk
http://www.april.org