[cmake-developers] Attention CMake Module Maintainers: We're moving to Git

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 1 09:10:06 EST 2010

Brad King wrote:
> We've officially moved to Git; see the Wiki for details.
>
> The push URL
>
>   git at cmake.org:cmake.git
>
> is temporarily disabled while we get dashboard scripts converted over
> to test the new repository.

The dashboard client scripts have been mostly converted and we are ready
to accept new changes.  Please see instructions here:

  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git#Publishing

to publish changes.  If you're not familiar with Git, be sure to at least
configure your authorship information:

  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git#Development

The cmake.org repository has an "update hook" that is fairly restrictive
about the changes that can be published.  If your push is rejected with
a complaint, you'll need to use Git's history-editing capabilities to
fix up your local commits before publishing.  In particular, you may
find the "git commit --amend" and "git rebase -i" commands helpful.