[cmake-developers] More than a single line (78 char) for commits

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 04:22:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

  I see that some people manage to get a commit line of more than just
a single line (78 chars), for instance:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=fbe67a9fda7c3a96a1774838cb13353b79443e56

  if I try to do that on my side (git 1.6.5) I get either:

commit 6a3d7d46 has an invalid message:
  the first line must not be more than 78 characters
commit message is:
BUG: 0009611 Fix Arch independent FindJNI.cmake on Linux to support
Sun Java, OpenJDK, Kaffe and GCJ paths. Based on patch from debian

or

commit b6ec0777 has an invalid message:
  the second line must be empty (if it exists)
commit message is:
BUG: 0009611 Fix Arch independent FindJNI.cmake on Linux
support Sun Java, OpenJDK, Kaffe and GCJ paths. Based on patch from debian

Could someone please let me know what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu